Home equity loans are better than personal loans in the sense that they are secured by the value of your home, unlike personal loans which are generally unsecured. Fluctuating interest rates and advance and balloon payment terms can make home equity lines of credit trickier than typical home loans. If you have a single project in mind, such as a kitchen remodel, a home equity loan is better than a home equity line of credit. Your credit history and score don’t have a major effect on getting approval for a home equity loan or line of credit because your home is the collateral. If used properly in the long run, HELOCs can help your credit score. Here is a list of posts that will further explain this for you.
- Home equity loans and lines of credit: Similar loans serve different purposes Explains how home equity loans are more predictable than lines of credit.
- Using a Home Equity Loan to Pay Off Credit Cards The blogger tells the story of how he used low interest home equity loans to pay off high interest credit cards.
- Home Equity Loans – Release the Equity Locked in Your Home Explains how home equity loans work, based on the value of your home.
- Types of Home Equity Loans And Lines of Credit This article describes how home equity loans are cheaper than credit loans as they are secured and therefore have lower interest rates.
- Quick Credit Report Repair Before Home Equity Debt Consolidation A proven way of getting out of debt by using your home as collateral with cheaper interest.
- Use Home Equity Loan To Pay Off Timeshare Advice on how to essentially have your home make your timeshare payments for you.
- Using your home equity A simple explanation of home equity and why it may be a good thing to do for a debtor.
- Bad Credit Loans, Personal Loan, Car Loans, Credit Cards and Mortgage A blog set up to help a person decide what type of loan may be best for them.
- Home equity loan: Using equity as long term financing option How to use your home’s equity as a financial tool to pay off debt and live more comfortably.
- Home equity brochure A comprehensive FAQ for people interested in home equity loans.
- Home Equity Loans- Home Equity Line of Credit An explanation of how home equity loans work, with low interest rates and even if there is bad credit.
- Home Equity Loans May Present Subprime Redux 25% of American now have a mortgage and a home equity loan, according to Gallup polls. Not only are these loans featuring lower interest, they also have the extra benefit of tax benefits as well.
- Home-Equity Loans: What You Need To Know An explanation of home equity loans and how to use them wisely.
- Home equity loan management The writer advises that it may be time to review the fine print on your home equity loan as the economy shifts.
- Personal loans can be better than credit card Personal loans may be better than credit cards with the use of home equity loans.
- Are Personal Loans with a Fixed Rate Better than Credit Cards? In most cases personal loans with fixed interest rates are better than credit cards.
- Second Mortgage Loans vs. Home Equity Loans Explains the difference between a second mortgage and a home equity loan.
- 9 Ways to Pay Off Debt Nine ways to pay off debt, including the advantages of using home equity loans in order to pay higher interest debts.
- Home Improvement Loans – Home Improvement Refinance, Home Improvement Home Equity Loan An explanation of home equity loans to use for home improvement and debt control.
- Home Equity Loans – Get the Best Home Equity Loan Unlike personal loans, home equity loans are available regardless of credit.
- Home Equity Loan After Bankruptcy Home equity loans are an option for people still in debt after bankruptcy. Low interest rates are still available for the bankrupt, but they must be careful with this last chance loan.
- Getting a Debt Consolidation Loan Benefits of a debt consolidation loan, which in many instances may prove to be home equity loans as a logical choice for many.
- Debt Consolidation Loans – Home Equity Here is some advice on home equity loans and how to compare offers and interest rates on them.
- Bad Credit Personal Loans Bad credit loan pros and cons, information on interest rates, and how to determine if they are for you.
- Consider Home Equity Loan Refinancing to Lower Your Rate Due to a lower interest rate, home equity loans can be used to pay off other higher interest debts.
- Home Equity Loan After Bankruptcy, Bankruptcy and Home Equity Home equity loans after bankruptcy are excellent ways of getting reestablished financially, as well as an efficient way to start rebuilding credit.
- Bad Credit Personal Loans • Information to help a person decide between personal loans or home equity loans.
- 3 Reasons to Consolidate Credit Card Debt with a Home Equity Loan Low interest rates, longer terms and tax benefits are three benefits to consolidate with a home equity loan.
- Compare deals with home equity loans Information on home equity loans and how to get your home’s value to work for you.
- How Much Home Equity Loan Do I Qualify For? How to get higher credit ratings on a home equity loan, and perhaps extensions of value beyond the equity.
- Timing of home equity loan How to better time acquiring a home equity loan. Knowing that you truly need one and can handle the conditions is vital to using one successfully.
- Financial Tuneup: The Home Equity Loan as Emergency Fund Suggests that a home equity loan can be used as a last resort for a financial balancer.
- Poor Credit Home Equity Loan How to shop online for a home equity loan.
- Best rates for home equity loans for those with bad credit. How to find the best rates for home equity loans even with bad credit.
- Home Equity Loan vs. Line of Credit Explains the differences between HEL’s and HELOC’s – Home equity loans seem better as they are more controllable and have better interest rates.
- Equity Loans A FAQ answering questions about home equity loans.
- Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Credit Lines A site to better educate oneself about Home equity loans and home equity lines of credit.
- Mortgage Loans to Pay Off Credit Cards Home equity loans can be used to pay off higher interest rate loans such as credit cards in order to save money on interest.
- Compare 8 home improvement financing choices An explanation of how to use your home equity loan and comparisons to other types of loans.
- Loans A site with explanations and comparisons of home equity loans to other types of loans.
- Home Equity Loans May Help Consumers Pay For College or Student Debt Suggestions on how to refinance student loans into home equity.
- Quick home equity loans An explanation of how to get low interest home equity loans quickly and some benefits to doing so over other types of loans.
- Bad credit? Offers quick solutions to finding help by offering low interest rates through home equity loans and other services.
- Credit Loan Information A site with all you need to know about the differences in types of loans.
- Home Equity Loans Vs HELOC An explanation of when a home equity loan would be better than a home equity line of credit.
Image Credits: Living in Monrovia